Wednesday 16 March 2011

To Blog or not to Blog?

If I was asking Wayne (my hubby) he'd be asking me why do you want to blog? What's your motivation? What are you trying to achieve?


Well the answer is I'm not really sure yet. All I know is this latest season in my life has been a tough one and yet one in which I feel God has been closer than ever before. The more conversations I have with friends and God, the more I know I have something to share. Not necessarily wisdom but life experience, and if my ramblings and thoughts can help even one person to understand some of what they might be feeling, then I think this blog will be worthwhile.


So my first entry is a question....to blog or not to blog? Do I or don't I?


I am not a famous 17 year old pop star who has published an autobiography, or a bubbly tv presenter who writes novels, or a retired politician who might have really juicy bits of gossip to share.


I am a 47 year old Mum and Wife, a niece, a sister, a god mother, a friend. I play the trumpet in my fab worship band 'The Sound Professors', I am a worshipper and God is my friend. I am an encourager, and a helper. I like order and tidiness but live with two very messy people!! (God has a great sense of humour). I love people and hosting gatherings at home. I love my space too and time to think and ponder about life and God and a whole lot more. I like to be busy but I also like time to relax, enjoy my beloved Man City play football, watch a good action movie, or just chill with Strictly!!


Basically I'm just your normal down to earth northern lass who now has roots in Bracknell and feels very blessed. Chapters, seasons, phases.....however you describe it, whatever terminology you use, life is a journey made up of many different events and relationships. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment